September 29, 2007,5:02 PM
Big Savings at the Grocery Store!
So to anyone out there who thinks grocery shopping can never result in a lot of savings...I'm here to prove you wrong. We just went to Safeway...one of the main grocery chains in Colorado..for one of their stores grand reopening..and just about everything was on sale. We had a cart so full that I couldn't even turn the corners by myself....and just to highlight some of the specials (p.s...I learned of this sale by looking through all those anying flyer grocery store things in the mail):

Pepsi products: (even though I prefer Coke) Buy 2 12 packs...get 3 free
Quilted Northern: 99 cents
Toaster Strudes: 99 cents
Campbell's chunky soup: 99 cents
All pasta/rice o roni: 88 cents
eggs: FREE with card

PLUS...we get 10% off all our grocery bills for the next 60 days

Total: $185.23
Club card savings: $87.54
Coupon savings: $2.10
Total savings: $91.64
Amount paid: $93.59

I was so excited...I couldn't believe we saved 50% on our groceries and our pantry can NOT hold anymore food!!
 
posted by Lisa
Permalink ยค